I would love to see your delicious allergy free food & treats! Tag your finished dishes & treats photos on Instagram #AllergyFreeAndDelicious!
I made these Toy Story themed cupcakes this weekend for my FA son to take to his friends Birthday party! The recipe for the frosting and cakes will be up soon! Just wanted to share the cuteness. Have a lovely day! :)
|This dish is yummy on it's own, for a brunch side dish , or it would be delicious with dairy free vanilla ice cream!|
Watching food network the other day I saw a segment that Trisha Yearwood did for Apple Dumplings (found here). I was automatically inspired by her recipe. So I decided wanted to come up with a variation that would be safe for our family to consume!
- 2 Apples (I used granny smith)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup (1 stick) Earth Balance margarine (or your favorite safe margarine)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
- Lemon Water or Lemon to keep apples from browning while you prep
- 2 2/3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 1/4 Teaspoons Salt
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 Cup + 3 tablespoons (safe) Shortening
- 1 1/3 Cup Soy Milk (I used vanilla because I was out of regular, either one works)
- Preheat oven to 375*F. Prep Apples by peeling, coring, and slicing each apple into 8 pieces. So there have a total of 16 slices. Put slices in lemon water, or cover with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- In a medium pot combine main ingredients: 1 cup water, 3/4 cup sugar, 1/2 Cup margarine, and 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Next onto the dough. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Once combined, cut in the shortening with pastry blender (OXO Good Grips Dough Blender with Blades) until the mixture resembles coarse corn meal.
- Gradually, stir in the soy milk in 1/4 cup increments until the dough begins to pull away from the bowl. (mine used just shy of the full 1 1/3 cups soy milk)
- Put the dough ball onto a floured surface and knead about 20 times. The consistency should be about the same as the store bought refrigerated biscuit dough. (If it's too sticky add a little flour, if it's too dry add a little soy milk)
- Roll dough out with a floured rolling pin to about 1/4 inch thick. Cut 16 circles with a small glass or with a 3" biscuit cutter. (RSVP International 4-pc. Endurance Biscuit Cutter Set.)
- Place the pot filled with main ingredients on the stove over medium heat. Bringing it to a boil while wrapping the apples in dough. Once boiling turn off heat.
- It's time to wrap the apples! Remove one apple and dab off any excess water with clean towl (the dough wont stick if it is too wet). Use rolling pin to gently roll out one cut dough piece, just enough to where it will wrap around the apple slice. Pinch together edges well, and place in a 9"x12" baking dish seam side down. Finish with the remaining apples. Making two separate rows, 8 dumplings per side.
- After all apples are wrapped and placed into baking dish, pour the pot of main ingredients over the top of the apples. Then in a small bowl combine the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons of cinnamon. Sprinkle over the top of all the apples. Don't let the amount scare you, trust me pour it all on. :)
- Last place the baking dish in the middle rack of a 375*F pre-heated oven. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove, serve warm and enjoy! (The liquid will thicken into a gooey sauce as it cools). Store any left overs in airtight container in refrigerator, and warmed in microwave when serving.
- 1 lbs Chicken Breast Tenders
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 3/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Paprika
- 1/8 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Safe Oil (I like canola)
- Mix flour with seasonings in a small bowl
- Lay chicken in large bowl, and sprinkle flour on top. Toss chicken in flour to coat well.
- Pour oil over chicken, and mix to coat lightly. You may not need the full 1/4 cup.
- Bake in preheated 450*F oven, flipping half way through (about 10 minuts in). Bake until chickens internal temerature reaches 180 degrees and the outside is crispy golden brown.
Check out our recipe for Chicken Broccoli Penne Pasta!